|Image Courtesy: alternet.org|
- More than 50% of urban Indian women practice menstrual taboos. SERIOUSLY?
- 73% of urban women residing in the capitali wash hair on the 4th day of the menses as compared to 32% of urban women residing in Kolkata.. WHY?
- 59% of metropolitan women don’t touch the pickle during periods.. OK, TAKE A BREAK!
- 54% of women believe in not watering plants during periods.. HILARIOUS & FUNNY!
- Surprisingly even in this day & age as many as 65% of the women surveyed perceived the “monthly period” as coming in the way of women achieving their full potential.. WAKE UP PLZ..
- 61% married women from south and 48 % from north India don’t share the same room with their husband during their menses.. OMG!
- 79% Indian men across the country feel irrational period taboos should be questioned.. BRAVO!
- But then there are 28% of males in urban India who become uncomfortable on the mere mention of the word 'periods'.. WHOA!
|Shraddha Kapur During the Event|
Whisper India's Initiative
Shraddha Kapoor, on the taboos that they had followed or were asked to believe in during their growing up years!